Meeting Place: Mukesh and Vijya Parmar's home
Attendees: Mukesh & Vijaya, Anup Ji & Indra ji, Umesh Ji & Hema ji, Usha ji, Rashmi & Anitji, Manisha & AtulJi.
Anup ji conducted the meeting participated by Mukesh, Indra ji, Umesh ji, Usha ji, Rashmi and Manisha. Agenda for the meeting was distributed in advance. After the meeting, all members enjoyed potluck dinner.
A. DECISIONS AND STATUS OF UPCOMING UPAGP EVENTS:
1) UPAGP dinner during Philadelphia Ganesh Festival on Wednesday Aug 30
- Catering from Shagun; Cost of dinner for approximately 200 persons is $700
- Donations Received to date $446.00
- Usha Arya and Team will help in serving the dinner. ManishaJi and Indira ji Rashmi will be there. Other volunteers expected.
- UPAGP Team will help in Parking. Team members to be decided. Usha ji & Indira ji will provide more details
2) 1-Day Bus Tour to Atlantic City on Saturday Sep 9 will be canceled.
Due to not enough participation, it was decided to cancel the Atlantic City bus tour on Sep 9.
There are few reasons - children cannot participate, timing close to school/college opening, and the place - discussed for the low response. Going forward, we will keep these considerations in mind before offering a similar event, hopefully next year.
3 Diwali program on Saturday Oct 28.
- Performing Group for RAM LEELA
- Time: 10 AM to 6PM
- Venue: Stetson Middle School 1060 Wilmington Pike West Chester, PA 19382 Phone: 484-266-2700
- Cost for approximately $2000.00
- Lunch and snacks will be included in the Diwali program.
- Ticket Price:
Member $25.00 Non-member $30.00
At Venue Member $30.00 Non-member $35.00
Kids (5 - 5-15) : $15.00 under 5 years: Free
- Manisha Ji working on flyer
- Umesh Ji will work on sponsorship
4) UPAGP Charity program on Saturday Dec 9
- Selection of charity for the event was discussed. Charity selection and status of the charity event will be finalized later.
5) Next potluck meeting will be held at Krishana ji and Pramila ji place on Oct 1. Time will be finalized.
6) Next conference call meeting will be on Aug 22. Anup ji will be sending the details.
Dr. Rajendra Sethi -
On the Picnic Day (July 7), UPAGP expressed it's sincere condolences on the loss of Dr. Rajendra Sethi who was one of founding members of UPAGP, and served as Secretary in the first Executive Committee.
Dr. Seth was a renowned cardiologist in Philadelphia region. He was affiliated with Kennedy and Frankford Hospitals, and had his own practice in NE Philadelphia. During last 10 years of his 50-years long medical practice, he remained busy mainly in giving lectures all over US. He was founder of Intl. Medical Graduate (IMG) section of Phila. Chapter of AMA.